Monday, March 15, 2010

I Miss Linden Trees & Particle Rain

The tree that is controlling both my lives right now is partly gone. This is a shot from the day it fell. Dunno how tall it is ... 75 feet? One of the oldest trees in the neighborhood I'm told. The base is in the back yard of the house behind ours.

This shot is from the front of the house and shows the part (abut 15 feet) that had to be removed just to patch the roof. Three guys removed the part and patched the roof in under an hour for $400! I wish 400 RL dollars was as cheep as 400 Linden dollars. The rest of the tree is there until Thursday.



Half of the kitchen/dining ceiling needs to be replaced and one of the walls. Maybe not the window but nearly the entire roof was damaged by the tree or the winds over the last couple storms. Some were up to 90 m.p.h. and the recent rains totaled over 6 inches for our area. I miss Linden trees and particle rain.

No comments: