Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Lens Flare?

While most people seem to simply stand around in-word even when seating is available, I like to relax ... "take a load off" my avie's feet. So sometime this morning I was sitting at the Isle of Lesbos on a soap bubble, the ground, and various hamburgers. The larger burger I'm laying on in this picture is a favorite. It is very comfy to strap some Pikas to my feet and lay on a big, soft bun with the smells of grilled meat wafting from below.

If you look carefully at the picture, though, you'll see what looks like a lens flare* just below my left shoulder, mimicking the bands in my hair. I've seen this in several photos to date but I don't have any other examples. Despite that, my vague memory leads me to believe it has something to do with the Glow function of a prim (Web). The bands in my hair have a smidge of Glow added to them. When I get some time I'll have to investigate this, especially as of late I'm adding glow to more items that I build.

* "Lens flare is the light scattered in lens systems through generally unwanted image formation mechanisms, such as internal reflection and scattering from material inhomogeneities in the lens" (Wikipedia; Web).

No comments: